How Do I Recover Compensation if Involved in an Accident While in a Limousine in Las Vegas?
Las Vegas…there’s plenty of fun, glamour, and excitement to go around in Sin City, so many people opt for limo transportation more often than they might in the suburbs. Some parties call a taxi or hop in a limo to avoid driving under the influence; others book ahead for a special experience– but no matter why they’re there, there are lots of people moving around Las Vegas in limousines at any given moment.
So what happens when even the best-laid plans (or the best intentions) lead to trouble? What happens when limousine passengers are involved in an accident in Las Vegas? How can someone recover compensation if they’re involved in an accident while in a limousine in Las Vegas?
Limousine, Taxi, and Other Drivers Owe Passengers a Standard of Care
Individuals who drive public transportation vehicles like taxis and limousines owe their passengers a duty of care. That means that they’re expected to follow the rules of the road, act appropriately, and avoid harm. People trust vehicle drivers when they get into cars like this.
The unfortunate truth is that, sometimes, a driver’s patterns fall below the standard of care. Many drivers who violate the standard of care cause accidents due to their negligence and recklessness.
Two Common Causes of Limousine Accidents In Las Vegas
A limousine driver can behave negligently or inappropriately just like a normal driver would. These drivers are not at less risk of driving distracted, under the influence, or while they exhibit symptoms of road rage.
Driver negligence doesn’t always look so shocking, either. Anybody can be negligent while they drive, perhaps making an errant turn, forgetting to use a signal, or driving too fast on a certain stretch of road. Since limos are more difficult to operate than typical vehicles, negligent driving can cause the situation to get complicated quickly.
Limo Company Negligence
A limousine company can actually be found liable for an accident, too.
- These companies are responsible for maintaining their vehicles
- When the limo companies fail to do so, they knowingly put drivers and passengers at risk and display negligence
Poorly-maintained vehicles are ticking time bombs. There’s no reason for a limousine company to send out a car that could break down. Many limousine companies have been found liable for limo accidents throughout Vegas.
Limo Accidents Can Have a Range of Causes
Various factors can cause a car accident. In fact, there are notable stories in Vegas about police officers causing limo crashes. Just because your limo accident did not appear to have been caused by driver or limo company negligence, it does not mean that you don’t have a case.
Examples of Accidents With Limousines
A limousine can be involved in virtually any accident that a standard car can, but some common types of limo accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: The front of a limo receives the bulk of impact; may involve two vehicles receiving damage to their fronts; bumpers and airbags are supposed to help minimize damage in these crashes, but they can’t always keep passengers safe
- Rear-end collisions: Generally the most common type of limo accident; a limo may damage another vehicle’s rear end or have its own rear end damaged by someone else
- Side swipe collisions: Common at intersections; a limo may hit the side of another vehicle on the road or have its own side hit; commonly impacts door and central parallels of the limo
How Do I Recover Compensation If I Was Involved In an Accident While In a Limousine in Las Vegas?
There’s no complete and easy-to-understand answer to this question. It’s important to know that every limo accident– and every limo accident case– looks different. A range of factors influence the small details that make up how someone pursues compensation after an accident.
However, there is a general framework that limo accident survivors can follow to begin recovering compensation.
- Prioritize your own physical and mental healing| A limo accident case is one of many types of personal injury cases. Usually, personal injury cases cannot move forward until there’s a decent understanding of what injuries a survivor has sustained and how those injuries might impact them in the future. You should try to heal and understand your own condition and diagnoses.
- Partner with an attorney early on| The sooner you select a limousine accident attorney to help you recover compensation, the sooner he or she can actually start to work in your best interests. A lawyer can help you navigate talking to insurance companies and the limo company. He or she can start working with experts (like auto professionals) to build a case and prove what happened.
- Collect evidence and documentation if you can| Some accidents occur in a way that victims can collect evidence after the fact. We’ve handled numerous limo accident cases, many of which clients who have had pictures of damage to vehicles, physical injuries, and signs like skid marks in roadways. We’ve also partnered with plenty of survivors who could have never done this at the scene of the accident– and that’s okay too! Prioritize evidence recovery if and when you can, but don’t put yourself at risk.
What Compensation is Available If I’ve Been Injured In a Limousine Accident In Las Vegas?
A limousine accident lawyer can help injured parties pursue a variety of damages. Aside from the obvious (like emergency and other medical bills), you may be able to recover:
- Lost wages or diminished earning potential
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Disfigurement or loss of limb
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Involved in a Limo Accident in Las Vegas? Gina Corena & Associates Can Help
If you or somebody you love have been in a limousine accident in Las Vegas, our team can help. At Gina Corena & Associates, we work diligently to help support our clients throughout every step of the legal process. Contact us online today or call us at 702-680-1111 to learn more about how we can help you.