Understanding the Various Types of Automobile Accidents with the Help of a Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer
Last Updated on September 27,2023
Car accidents can often result in devastating injuries, excruciating pain and suffering, and a slew of medical expenses that will forever impact a person’s life. However, what makes these car accident claims even more challenging, is each of these cases is unique, with its own set of facts and circumstances that can impact the amount of money a person can recover.
That is why in this post, we will take a look at some of these different types of motor vehicle accidents that can result and the legal options you have if you have been involved in one of these tragic collisions.
Seek Legal Assistance After a “Head-On Collision”
A head-on crash, also referred to as a frontal collision, occurs when motorists drive in opposite directions, and the front ends of their cars crash into each other.
Yet, even though any car crash can result in debilitating trauma, head-on crashes often result in the most severe types of harm to the driver and the passengers in either vehicle. In fact, these frontal impacts amount to 57% of passenger vehicle occupant deaths.
What to Do After a “Rear-End Collision”: Consult a Car Accident Lawyer
A rear-end accident happens when a motorist hits the vehicle directly in front of them from behind. These accidents tend to occur at red lights, stop signs, or in congested traffic areas, which is why a majority of these accidents happen at low speeds. However, they can also occur at high speeds on highways or other high-speed streets.
In general, these rear-end collisions tend to result from distracted driving, which occurs when a motorist is not paying enough attention to the road in front of them. This is because they are either:
- Texting and driving
- Eating and driving
- Changing the radio station while driving
- Using GPS while driving, or
- Grooming while driving
However, when these motorists are not paying attention to the road, even for a second, and this carelessness leads to a catastrophic rear-end accident, they can be held liable for the subsequent losses and injuries that result.
Handling “T-Bone Accidents” with the Aid of a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer
A T-bone collision occurs when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another, forming what looks like the shape of the letter “T” at the point of impact. These types of accidents frequently happen at intersections when one motorist fails to stop at a red light or a stop sign and instead drives through the intersection at the same time another vehicle traverses through it.
However, these crashes can also occur on an interstate or a highway when a driver loses control of their vehicle and skids sideways or in parking lots as a motorist is backing out of a parking spot and does not see another car coming from the side.
Seek Legal Support Following a “Rollover Accident”
A rollover accident involves a car tipping over onto its side or completely rolling over until it is upside down. Even though this type of accident can transpire for a variety of reasons, they typically happen when:
- A car turns too sharply or quickly at the speed it is traveling at and rolls over. Usually, the higher the car’s center of gravity, the more likely it will roll over in this type of situation.
- A car goes over an object such as a curb, guardrail, or uneven pavement that causes it to tip over.
- A car falls down an embankment.
- A car gets hit by another vehicle from the side that causes it to roll over.
These rollovers can also result from defects that cause the car’s tires to blow out, lead to steering issues, a malfunctioning braking system, and airbags to deploy when they should not. Yet, if these defects resulted from the manufacturer’s or automaker’s negligence, you may be able to recover compensation from all the negligent companies involved in the design, manufacturing, and selling of the defective vehicle.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help with “Sideswipe Collisions”
A sideswipe collision happens when one vehicle swipes the side of another car, either going in the same direction or traveling in opposite directions. This type of accident has been known to result because of:
- Careless drivers merging into traffic
- Distracted driving
- Erratic driving
- Excessive speeding
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drivers trying to over-correct their mistakes by jerking the wheel back and crossing into another lane of traffic
Get the Justice You Deserve After an Automobile Accident, Reach out to an Experienced Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been involved in one of these car accidents, you are likely going through a lot. The last thing on your mind is making sure you gather the relevant evidence and prepare strong legal arguments proving your case so that you can collect compensation for the harm you sustained. Fortunately, with an experienced car accident attorney on your side, you will not have to worry about handling this legal battle alone. Instead, you can focus on what matters most — your healing, while these lawyers go after the justice and damages you deserve.
Once you retain one of these lawyers, they can:
- Evaluate your legal case, determine if you have a viable claim, and figure out what legal options you can pursue.
- Investigate the car crash and gather the evidence needed to show what happened and who was at fault.
- Bring in the experts, such as accident reconstructionists and doctors, to substantiate your claim.
- Answer all the questions you have regarding your claim and the legal process involved.
- Hold all the wrongful parties accountable for the car accident and the losses you sustained.
- Handle all the negotiations with the other side, including the auto insurance company, and pursue a just settlement offer.
- Take your case to trial if the other side does not want to settle the case and fight for maximum damages.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, get a free case evaluation today. Reach out to the law offices of Gina Corena & Associates and let our skilled legal team show you how we can fight on your behalf and go after the financial recovery you are entitled to.