Table of Contents
- What should I do after a car accident in Las Vegas?
- What types of cases does Gina Corena & Associates handle?
- What kind of losses may I claim as a result of a car accident?
- How is responsibility determined in Las Vegas car accident?
- How do I deal with insurance companies after a car accident?
- How can a lawyer help me recover damages from a car accident?
- How much is a car accident injury claim worth?
- How much will hiring a Las Vegas car accident lawyer cost?
- Why should I choose Gina Corena & Associates?
Las Vegas, Nevada is a hub of activity. Entertainment, museums, The Strip are all hotbeds of activity and unfortunately, traffic congestion. In part due to this congestion, the resulting gridlock, and oftentimes, a lack of patience, this also means the area is a hotbed of traffic accidents.
A review of car accident fatalities in Las Vegas over the last couple of years tells a story which should terrify all of us. On average, 45 people lost their lives on Las Vegas roadways annually between 2017 and 2019. This does not begin to address the number of injuries which victims of non-fatal car accidents suffered.
Victims of a car accident who sustain serious injuries, and families who have lost a loved one in a Las Vegas car accident often do not know what options they have. This includes being uncertain about whether they can recover their financial losses by filing a personal injury lawsuit. Remember, even if the other driver is underinsured, they still must have a policy which meets the minimum standards in Nevada.
The best option for most is to speak with an experienced Las Vegas car accident attorney. This important step allows victims, or families who have lost a loved one understand their rights and their legal options. In nearly all cases, a claim can be filed with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to compensate victims.
Protecting your rights begins immediately following a car accident occurring. There are certain steps you should take following an accident to ensure the accident is properly documented and a record of your injuries is established. Here are the basic steps to protecting yourself following a Las Vegas car accident:
- Safety at the scene — move your vehicle out of the flow of traffic if you can do so safely.
- Contact law enforcement — advise them of the location of the accident as well as potential injuries so they may send EMS if needed.
- Obtain documentation — get the name, address, and driver’s license information from other drivers involved in a car accident. When possible, you should also photograph the scene of the accident. If there were any witnesses to the accident, obtain their contact information.
- Seek medical attention — regardless of how you feel, you should seek medical attention immediately. Immediately following an accident you may not be aware of any injuries.
- Notify insurance company — once you have had medical attention, make sure you report the accident to your insurance company. Provide them the name of other drivers, location and time of the accident, and the law enforcement agency who arrived at the scene.
- Contact a car accident attorney — taking this important step will help you learn more about your legal rights and options.
Words of caution: When you are discussing the accident with people on the scene, including other drivers, passengers, or witnesses, make sure you do not indicate you are in any way responsible. When you notify your insurance company about the accident, avoid answering any questions which could put you at legal risk.
When you speak to a car accident attorney at Gina Corena & Associates regarding your Las Vegas accident, we will be able to advise you about what steps you should take next. Car accidents disrupt your life, and the resulting injuries can cause you problems for years to come. Make sure you have a full understanding of what steps will be required next by protecting yourself.
One of the reasons we have been so successful over the years is the attention we pay to our clients. Not only do you get the personal attention often found in a boutique law office, but you get the resources and clout associated with a large personal injury law firm. Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys are fully prepared to work on your behalf both in and out of court. We can help you with all the paperwork associated with your personal injury claim.
Not only will we work on negotiating a reasonable settlement with your insurance company, but we will keep our focus on what is most important to resolving your case. That means we will seek out expert witnesses, take care of filing court documents, collect evidence, and prepare arguments in the event your case needs to be litigated.
We do all of this while covering your upfront legal fees. That means you have nothing to lose, and you have everything to gain — we work to get you a settlement while your focus remains where it needs to be. You need time to recover from your physical injuries and the emotional toll those injuries take on you and your family.
We can help injury victims and their family members with the following types of auto accident claims:
- Sideswipes and Fender Benders
- T-Bone Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Lane Crossover Accidents
- Multi-Car Pileups and Crashes
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- City Transit Accidents
- Taxi and Limousine Collisions
Our focus is always on victims. We can handle any type of car accident case for a victim provided there is not a conflict of interest. You focus on a complete and full recovery and let us pursue the maximum settlement for your injuries.